Health And Welfare Plans:
Healthcare - choice of medical coverage includes an HMO or PPO plan for yourself, your spouse and for your dependent children.
Dental - choose between the standard and comprehensive plan offered through a leading national dental provider.
Vision - vision care including exams, lenses and frames is provided to all employees who enroll in a medical plan.
Life Insurance & AD&D - employees are automatically provided with a standard amount of coverage under these plans. Employees may purchase additional life & AD&D insurance up to 4X their salary. In addition, spouse and dependent life insurance are also available.
Disability - this plan provides income security if you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Adoption Assistance - Varian Semiconductor provides financial assistance to meet the costs of adopting a child.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care) - these accounts offer you a tax-saving benefit by allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover eligible health care and dependent care expenses for your family.
- Employee Assistance Program - this program offers free, confidential counseling and advice on many personal issues.
- Paid Time Off - PTO is earned based on your years of employment. This time may be used as paid time off for vacation, illness, or other personal business..
- Holidays - Varian Semiconductor offers eight paid holidays per calendar year.
Retirement Savings & Other Investments:
- 401(k) Retirement -contributions can be made up to 50% of your base pay (subject to IRS limitations). Varian Semiconductor will guarantee a 100% match of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3% of eligible earnings that you contribute to the Varian 401(k) Plan each pay period on a pre-tax and/or Roth basis.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - contribute up to 15% of your pay to the ESPP, and purchase stock at a 15% discount from the lower of the beginning or ending price for the 6 month purchase period.
- Tuition Reimbursement - 100% of the cost of tuition, books and fees for approved coursework are reimbursed up to $7,500 per year.
- Credit Union Membership - through payroll deduction you can access checking and savings accounts, Christmas and vacation clubs, and many other services.
- Auto and Home Insurance - available through Liberty Mutual, this program offers significant discounts with the convenience of payroll deduction.
- Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers Program - check out our charitable contributions programs.
- And More - local and national discounts, vendor days, raffles, company celebrations and other exciting employee events.