We are looking for a Service Finance Manager at Varian Semiconductor Equipment, a division of Applied Materials Inc., which is the leading producer of ion implantation equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductors. The worldwide service organization consists of over 400 employees and annual revenue of approximately $200 million. This position reports to the Director of Finance, AGS Service.
Key responsibilities include:
· Managing the budgeting and forecasting processes for the service business and related monthly reporting and the revenue outlook process.
· Act as business partner to service operating management, tracking/managing the service P&L and profitability of multiple service business segments.
· Identifying structure and reporting improvements and driving initiatives with the IT organization to achieve desired results.
· Supervising a small group of financial/accounting analysts.
· Managing the service metrics reporting and identifying new metrics that will improve understanding and commonality of how business decisions are made.
· Maintaining compliance with SOX and company policies/procedures. Ensure accurate accounting/revenue recognition.
· Performing certain monthly accounting and closing activities. Including SAB 101 related accounting and fair market value analyses.
· Bachelors Degree in business-related field.
· MBA preferred, CPA would be helpful.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role; minimum of 10 years overall.
· Working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP and Hyperion strongly preferred.
· High-technology capital equipment industry experience preferred.
Position is located in Gloucester, Massachusetts.
Please apply on-line at:
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
"The above listed position(s) involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations”. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.