Electrical Utility Design Engineer
We are looking for a Electrical Utility Design Engineer at Varian Semiconductor Equipment, a division of Applied Materials Inc., which is the leading producer of ion implantation equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductors.
Key responsibilities include:
· Define Product architecture (interfaces, functional allocation, Hardware & Software sharing)
· Experience designing components in the electrical power and utility industry.
· Ensure Hardware & Software technical coherency throughout the development
· Contribute to product documentation creation (user manual, maintenance manual, …)
· Provide support to product users.
· Defines specifications for new or modified products/systems in area of specialization to meet contract requirements.
· Independently applies expertise to meet customer requirements including the design of complex new/modified products/systems.
· Provides input for cross-functional teams at project schedules.
· Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides recommendations in resolving complex, unique or major problems.
· Occasional travel will be required to visit job sites, attend industry related meetings (IEEE), and specific customer meetings, as needed.
· Electrical Utility Design Engineer
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
· 5 years’ experience in electrical power equipment design OR electrical switchgear design (layout, specifications, integration, component selection, controls and condition monitoring, etc.)
· Ability to Derive Product requirements from System requirements.
· Knowledge of Utility market needs, standards and expectations (both economic and technical) will be helpful.
· Knowledge of power flow analysis and design software a plus.
· Good Communications skills are a must. Fluency in English
· Affiliations with the IEEE, CIGRE, etc are a plus
Position is located in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Local candidates preferred.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
"The above listed position(s) involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations”. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.