Utility Power System Engineer
We are looking for a Utility Power System Engineer at Varian Semiconductor Equipment, a division of Applied Materials Inc., which is the leading producer of ion implantation equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductors.
Key responsibilities include:
· Substation design – experience in the design of substation layout and equipment and integration/connection ratings (current, Voltage, Thermal and Environmental)
· Introduction of new power equipment (Switchgear, Transformers, Reactors, VARs) to utility
· Supporting the sales effort of new power equipment (Switchgear, Transformers, Reactors, VARs) to utility.
· Conduct Product performance assessment and simulation
· Ensure Hardware & Software technical coherency throughout the development
· Contribute to product documentation creation (user manual, maintenance manual, …)
· Provide support to product users.
· Capture Customer needs
· Specify Product nominal and degraded modes, functions and performances
· Set design constraints for industrialization, reliability and safety
· Create requirements for maintenance and configuration tools & functions
· MSc in Electrical Power Systems
· Design, manufacturing and testing of power equipment
· Design experience
· Working with equipment design software, condition monitoring and SCADA systems
· Software Experience (proficiency), Finite Element analysis (ANSYS, ANSOFT, …)
· Power systems analysis – PSS or similar
· Power systems transient analysis – EMTP/ATP or similar
Position is located in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Local candidates preferred.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
"The above listed position(s) involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations”. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.